The internet is an essential part of many people lives today, the telephone directory is gone. Many people looking for information on a local store, search for it online first. For this reason, most business and brick-and-mortar stores need an online presence
No matter your business, the internet is vital. If you want to grow your business and remain relevant, online marketing is essential.
Here are 6 important online marketing ways to build your brick and mortar business:
1. Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- SEO is all about making your website visible to search engines. This helps people find you and be able to locate your products and services with a few keystrokes.
- You need to figure out what keywords people are most likely to use in search of your products and services. If you have a brick-and-mortar location you should include it in your SEO strategy.
2. Content Marketing
- If you’re selling products it’s a good idea to create video reviews and tutorials of your offer, they must serve a purpose and add value to your customer and potential customer.
- If you want to be a thought leader create white papers that are of interest to your readers.
- Your blog content is a form of online content marketing. It should be to be useful and informative with a call to action.
- Using content positions you and your business with your customers/clients.
3. Social Media Marketing
- Social media marketing is an aspect of online marketing that needs attention.
- Many potential customers are on social media. They might be on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat etc. And you need to be in there. But you don’t have to be in all of them.
- You’ll want yo know where your customers are. If they’re more on Pinterest and Facebook, and rarely go elsewhere don’t spend much time on the others.
- You have to accept that you need to spend money on your social media strategy. Online marketing isn’t free. Most successful social media campaigns are the result of paid marketing. Organic content that goes viral without paying anything in reality is very rare.
- Incorporate your content marketing strategy into your social media strategy. Create interesting content that is shareable and use paid social media to get that content in front of more readers.
4. Email Marketing
- Email marketing is an important part of online marketing. Building your email list allows you to directly reach your targeted market. Your email marketing should encourage people to take action and keep you top of mind.
- In order that your email marketing campaign be successful your offer needs to be of value. Your emails should be relevant and provide something that your customers and potential customers want and can use, such as a special deal, insight into an issue or product.
- Your campaign should help you target customers who want access to special deals and promotions. You can offer them special sales and coupons, and give discounts to those on your list.
Email tools to build your business
5. Conversion Tactics
- Once people start to visit your website, you need to be able to close the sale. That means optimizing your website for conversion.
- You need to make it easy for customers to complete the action you want them to make. Whether it’s signing up for your email list or buying something, it’s important to use tactics that encourage them to buy.
- Website navigation should be easy for potential customers to complete a transaction. Include in your content links that take customers to highlighted products.
- When someone goes to your landing page from your email or social media campaign they’ll be more likely to complete an action you want if your page is optimized for conversion.
- If you take the time to optimize your landing page for conversions you will see a rise in sales and profits
6. Personal Branding
- It’s a very good idea to use personal branding in your online marketing.
- While you don’t want to make your business all about yourself, it does makes sense to be visible and approachable. People connect more with a presence of someone.
- Be sure to set yourself up as an expert or thought leader. Publish work on other websites, you’ll reach more people, widen your audience, and gain credibility.
- Get involved in your local Chamber of Commerce. It will help to build your reputation and visibility, while interacting with others in business as yourself.
Make sure you integrate your online marketing and offline marketing efforts to create a plan that allows you to make the most of all your ad dollars to improve your sales and grow your business.
Email tools to build your business